The 6 March, 1944 edition of The Brooklyn Daily Eagle notes the filing of a Limited Partnership on February 4, 1944 for Lane Iron Works, located at 76 Lorimer St., Brooklyn, NY. They will sell "drop forgings, ornamental iron works and kindred commodities." The general partner is Benjamin Lane, limited partners are: Michael G. Lane, Eva Zinn, and Rheba Muss.
Research continues to determine the origin and final disposition of the company as it appears to have existed well before the above anouncement. We find listings for Lane Iron Works in Brooklyn as early as 1920. However, we know for certain (examples) that they made wrenches for WWII GMTK toolkits.