The December 10, 1907 edition of Hardware reports that the J. P. Danielson company has been dissoved, having been taken over by Crescent Tool Company Inc. This is confusing based on the below information, as well as this report from Domestic Engineering and the Journal of Mechanical Contracting, Volume 49 - October 2, 1909. However, we find the notice regarding the formation of Crescent, and it's taking over of J. P. Danielson in multiple publications in 1907. This example, from The American Exporter - October, 1907, names Mr. Karl Peterson as the President of the newly established Crescent Tool Co. This announcement from Steel and Iron - July 8, 1907, identifies the following officers of the newly incorporated ($30,000 capital stock) Crescent Tool Co.:
- Karl Peterson
- Albin Karlson (Note: see above biographical reference, and note spelling of last name)
- Charles F. Falldin
- John E. Anderson
- Charles S. Grover
This article from a 1909 edition of Motor Cyclopaidia notes Karl Peterson as President and C. F. Falldine as Secretary and Treasurer of Crescent Tool Co. It also notes the establishment date as 1902 and capital investment of $20,000.
Karl Peterson passed away on 6/20/1933, and operation of the company was taken over by his son, Marvin L. Peterson.
In 1960, Crescent Tool Co. is a acquired by a group of investors and the name changed to Crescent Niagara.
Crescent Tool Co. (Jamestown, NY)
Contract Production for:
- J.H. Williams
- Fairmount Tool & Forge
Sub Brands / Trade Names / Trademarks
- CRESTOLOY (Wrenches & Pliers) (First Use 11/27/1930)
- Crescent (Pliers, Adjustables) (First Use 1907) // This Updated Filing from 1935 adds other products / tools to the list upon which this trademark is applied.
- Crescent inside a wing-like shape (All Tools) (First Use October, 1948)
- Simplex (Pliers)
- Cee Tee Co. (Pliers) (First Use October, 1913)
- CTCO (Logo - Pliers) (First Use 9/1/1907)
- Hamr-Handl (Screwdriver with stowable Hammer Head on Handle)
- MoToR KiT (Pliers) (First Use 6/12/1913)
Crescent Tool Co. Patents