Advertising Metal Display Company
We are not yet sure when Advertising Metal Display Co (AMDC) was founded. The earliest reference we find is a patent filing for a display board by H. H. Krueger and assigned to AMDC. The patent was filed on 10/2/1933 and awarded on 4/16/1935. H. H. Krueger is listed as President of AMDC from 1937 through his death in the mid-1950's, at 60 years old.
On 10/24/1958 AMDC filed for a Trademark on the term "Rem Line." Trademark RN#1681316 was granted on 7/7/1959. These TM records also show that AMDC changed their name to AMD Industries, Inc. on 7/29/1982. It was further transferred to Remline Tool Storage Co. in 1987. For some time between about 1992 and 2001 the trademark appears to have been owned by T and D Metal Products. The trademark appears to have been renewed by Remline Industries in 2010.
This is an example of an AMDC Tool Chest, branded Craftsman, from 1956. The black circle indicates where to find the date inside the drawer, and usually upside-down.
AMDC Plate with '56 date.
Handles on AMDC produced Tool Chests in 1956