A Warrantee Without Question
1887 - A new two-story brick factory is opened. Frederick Wiss states the new facility is "one of the finest works of its kind in the world, fully able to sustain our well-known reputation of manufacturing only strictly first quality and fully warranted goods." The guarantee was no idle claim. Wiss replaces any broken product, regardless of the reason for damage.
1887 - At the same time the new factory is opened, the company is reorganized into three divisions: manufacturing, retail, and real estate. All manufacturing is moved into the new building, but the retail segment, Wiss Store, remains on Bank Street. Later, the Wiss Store is moved to another location where it begins specializing in jewelry, subsequently expanding to include branch operations in neighboring towns. For a time, it is the largest retail jewelry firm in New Jersey. The third division, Wiss Realty Corporation, is a real estate holding company.