Bonney Vise & Tool / Bonney Forge
Here is an entry in the Automobile Trade Directory, Volume 18 of 1920 that seems to indicate that Bonney produced vises labeled Hercules, Ajax and Champion. Under the Special & Portable category, they also produced the "Standard."
Listed in the 1922 Engineering Directory under Bench Vises (Models: Champion, Farmers, Lehigh), Combination Bench and Pipe (Models: Bonney), Hand and Pin (Models: Bonney), Machinist (Models: Hercules), Pipe, Yoke, Hinged and Solid (Models: Indispensable), Saw Vises, Woodworkers Vises.
Please go here for the complete history of Bonney Vise & Tool Co.
Bonney Vise Models (as catagorized in trade magazines):
- Ajax (Machinist, Patternmakers/Woodworkers)
- Bonney (Bench & Pipe, Hand)
- Champion (Machinist, Portable, Bench)
- Farmers (Bench, Bench & Pipe)
- Hercules (Machinist)
- Indispensable (Pipe)
- Lehigh (Bench)
- Standard (Portable)
- Bonney (in an arch) (First Use Claimed: 1876)
Bonney Vise Patents:
- Joseph G. Baker Patent #342,992 - Pipe & Rod Vise - Unassigned and Unknown if produced
- Joseph G. Baker Patent #348,818 - Pipe & Rod Vise - Unassigned and Unknown if produced
- Joseph G. Baker - Assigned 1/2 to Armstead O. Bills Patent #453,459
- Joseph G. Baker Patent #877,695 - Bench Vise - Unassigned but likely produced by Bonney
- Joseph G. Baker Patent #1,176,019 - Vise - Unassigned but produced by Bonney