Sterling Wrench Company
Sterling Wrench Company (Sterling & Findlay, OH) Moved from Sterling to Findlay in March of 1888. Sold out to "Eastern Parties" and the company will move to Akron. Article states they will also dispose of all wrench patents. The company will be renamed to The Akron Tool Company - 9/18/1889. An October 31, 1889 article in Iron Age notes that the Akron Tool Company has been formed to take over the business of the Sterling Wrench Company and the Krause Cultivator Company, both owned by the same individuals. This article also mentions that the Sterling company turned out over 200,000 wrenches in the prior year (1888).
Stockholders in 1887 were John C. Steiner, Daniel Amstutz, C. E. Steiner, Joseph Ross, Jacob Krause, Christian Krause, A. A. Burkholder, Fred Amstutz, John Amstutz and Joseph Amnstutz.
Here is a biography on George W. Ross, in which it states he was President of Sterling Wrench from 1886 to July 1888, and one of the original founders.
This State of Ohio Annual Report for 1886 notes that the Russell Wrench and Novelty Manufacturing Company changed it's name to The Sterling Wrench Company on March 26, 1885.
John Lee Patent #241,552 - Wrench
John Lee Patent #269,072 - Pipe Wrench - Assigned to the Russell Wrench & Novelty Company. 12/12/1882
John Lee Patent #288,713 - Wrench
The two patents below are also relevant, According to DATAMP:
Barney Ross Patent #296,877 - Wrench
Matthew E. Campfield Patent #303,385 - Art of making the screw and head for wrenches