This company began as the Champion Bolt Clipper Company. The first mention we have found is the expansion of their factory in Evansburg, PA in 1892. This expansion included a 200 lb. Hackney Drop Hammer. The July 1891 edition of Iron Age notes the manufacture of the following products: Champion Bolt Clipper, Excelsior Bolt Clipper, Champion Nail Head Nipper, Hoof & Clinch Nipper, Clinch Nippers, Buffers, Sole Knives, Clinch Tongs, Vise Jaws for Coach Makers, Fore Punch, Creasing Fuller, etc.
In 1887, Isaac G. Pollard assigned 2/3 of his patent #357,940 for a Combined Barrel Stand or Swing and Counter Support to Chauncy G. Wilder, George B. De Arment, and Mill B. Brown, all of Evansburg. Interestingly, his second 1887 patent was for a Farriers Tool, Patent #366,605 but unassigned. Another interesting note would be his 1886 Patent #343,920, also for a Barrel Stand and assigned again to Chauncy G. Wilder. He also had a second patent in that year for a Sad Iron - Patent #341,942 - unassigned. Yet another patent is found for a Barrel Stand in 1885, Patent #318,392, again unassigned.
George B. De Arment's first patent was Patent #388,957 - Bolt Cutter
According to an announcement in the September 29,1892 edition of Iron Age, the company was manufacturing hammers at this time.