Gifford Pipe Wrench Company
The Gifford Pipe Wrench Company (Kittery, ME) - Organized 11/8/1899 to acquire "the Gifford Patents" and manufacture wrenches. Organized by James S. Wilson - Pres., and C. W. Wilson - Treas.
The Sanitary & Heating Age from 11/18/1899 also carries the organizational announcement of the week prior, and adds Mr. F. E. Sands to the list of organizers.
"Gifford" patents refers to Jireh C. Gifford of Cambridge, MA. Patents include:
- Patent #627,075 - Pipe Wrench (Strap) - unassigned
- Canadian Patent #65,360 - Pipe Wrench (strap) - Assigned to William Quinby* of Cambridge, MA
- Fred E. Sands Patent #667,852 - Pipe Wrench (strap) - Assigned to William Quinby* of Cambridge, MA
- Fred E. Sands Patent #667853 - Pipe Wrench (strap) - Assigned to company
* Possibly refers to W. S. Quinby Co. - Fitchburg