Van Wagoner & Williams Hardware Company
New York/Cleveland - This company was formed as the Van Wagoner & Williams Company, incorporated in 1893. In 1894 the reincorporated as the Van Wagoner & Williams Hardware Company. In about 1892 they acquired the Trenton Vise & Tool Works. By 1905, they had been acquired (or reincorporated?) by the Columbian Hardware Company of Cleveland.
We believe some form of the company existed well before the 1890's. Mr. C. S. Van Wagoner (President) had scores of hardware related patents throughout the latter half of the 19th century. However, until the 1890s his patents were unassigned.