Continental Foundry & Machine Company
Gary, IN - Incorporated 23 December, 1912 on $40,000 capital by Charles Pekat and William & George Earle. According to the April 1913 edition of Foundry, this company was formed to take over the Kells Foundry & Machine Company. Kells was incorporated 2/8/1911 by William & George Earle, and C. W. Barne. However, we do find a Kells Foundry & Machine Co. in Adrian, MI (200 miles away) as early as 1902. Continental was acquired by Blaw-Knox in 1955.
Patent #1,106,056 - Bench Vise, Charles Pekat, assigned to Continental 8/4/1914 (Not in DATAMP)