Gould & Eberhardt
Newark, NJ - Vintagemachinery.org write-up on the company.
Formed by Ezra Gould, Ulrich Eberhardt and Henry E. Eberhardt in 1877. The company focused on shapers but also built planers and hand lathes. The company survived until 1959 when it was acquired by the Norton Co. For more information on the history of Gould & Eberhardt, see the entry on Ezra Gould.
According to the book "A History of Gould & Eberhardt," the company began making tools in 1833. Please see the above link from VintageMachinery.org on Ezra Gould.
Link to Anvilfire example of their shaper vise.