Keystone Manufacturing Co. (Buffalo, NY) - This company has it's beginnings back to at least 1883. Articles of incorporation filed 5/10/1900 by Gustav A. Schaefer and Charles A. Haist. In September of 1892, the following directors were elected: G. A. Schaefer - Pres., H. L. Schaefer - TREAS., George J. Metzger - VP., Charles A. Haist - SEC., and Carl Bohn.
In April of 1893, the building they occupied (Jones Building) was almost completely destroyed by fire.
Foster A. Haist - President of the company (perhaps former?) committed suicide in 1937 for fear of being a semi-invalid.
Charles H. Meyers Patent #288,098 - Wrench
Charles H. Meyers Patent #446,072 - Combined Ratchet-Wrench and Screw driver - Assigned to Keystone
Charles H. Meyers Patent #446,073 - Ratchet Wrench & Drill- Assigned to Keystone
Charles H. Meyers Patent #446,074 - Attachment for metal planers- Assigned to Keystone
Charles H. Meyers Patent #446,075 - AttacCombined Ratchet-Wrench and boring bit- Assigned to Keystone
Charles J. Scholler Patent #1,021,558 - Hand Ratchet for Drills, Etc. - Assigned to Keystone
Jacob Emig Patent #539,423 - Ratchet Drill - Assigned to Gustavus A. and Henry L. Schaefer
Charles Henry Meyers Patent #869,255 - Wrench
Edward M. Swartz Patent #1,477,302 - Garden Tool - Assigned to Keystone
Edwin S. Miller Patent #1,534,537 - Holder for Socket - Wrench Sets - Assigned to Keystone
Edwin S. Miller & Foster A. Haist Patent #1,696,444 - Holder for Socket Wrench Sets - Assigned to Keystone.
Edwin S. Miller & Foster A. Haist Patent #1,671,159 - Holder for Socket Wrench Sets - Assigned to Keystone.
Foster A. Haist Patent #1,761,263 - Method of Making Ratchet Wrenches - Assigned to Keystone
Foster A. Haist Patent #2,107,568 - Ratchet Wrench (Self Assigned) - By this time, Foster appears to have been employed by J. H. Williams.
Foster A. Haist Patent #2,112,840 - Method of Making Wrenches (Adjustables) - Assigned to J. H. Williams.
Charles H. Chur Patent #2,199,984 - Wrench Set Holder - Assigned to Keystone
Edward A. Wenk and Ruth B. Wenk Patent #2,424,871 - Tool for flaring tubing - Assigned to Keystone
Sub Brands / Trade Names / Trademarks
- Champion (Wrenches)
- Westcott - Block Text (Pipe & Nut Wrenches) (First Use 4/4/1894 by Predecessor George N. Westcott [date is hard to read])
- Keystone (Wrenches, Ratchets, Socket Wrenches)
- Giant - Block Text (Hand Ratchets for drills, taps and wrenches) (First Use 9/16/1907)
- Nonparell (Ratchet Wrenches and Drills) (See here for description/article from 1894)
- Monarch - Block Text (Ratchets for operating hand drills, taps, wrenches and stud drivers) (First Use 3/26/1898)
- Keystone - Block Text (Ratchets for operating hand drills, taps, wrenches and stud drivers) (First Use 2/15/1894 [date is difficult to read])
- SocKit - Block Text (Kits of Socket Wrenches) (First Use 2/16/1924)