Lewis Tool Co.
New York, NY - Based on this article from the February, 1894 edition of Iron Trade Review, the company was established with $20,000 capital by M. G. Lewis, E. H. Mulford and John E. Mulford. This article from the August 8, 1894 edition of Iron Age provides an overview of the vises sold by the company.
By 1904, Amarican Machinist lists them in Bridgeport, CT.
It is very interesting to note here that both Prentiss and Lewis Tool had the same directors, the Mulford brothers and M. G. Lewis, and at various times, listed the same address at 44 Barclay St., NY.
Lewis Vise Patent #231,181, not in DATAMP ### Assigned to Hall Mfg. Co. ###
George F. Haven Pipe Vise #523,311 assigned to Lewis Tool Co.
Charles Hanimann patent #802,040 assigned to Mortimer Lewis.
Charles Hanimann patent #805,013 assigned to Mortimer Lewis.
Charles Hanimann patent #816,162 assigned to Mortimer Lewis.
Garage Journal Monster Vise Thread Links:
From: The Railroad, Telegraph, Electric and Steamship Builders' Buyers' Guide, 1897